BHA (Branksome Hall Asia)
BHA (Branksome Hall Asia)
Branksome Hall Asia is an IB World School located on the island of Jeju, South Korea. It is a girls school that welcomes students from Junior Kindergarten Prep to Grade 12. We celebrated our first graduating Grade 12 class in 2015.
Founded in 2012, Branksome Hall Asia is the sister school of Branksome Hall, a Canadian girls school that consistently is ranked as one of the best boarding schools world-wide. At Branksome Hall Asia, we share the mission, vision, and traditions that make Branksome Hall remarkable, with the benefits of new, state-of-the-art facilities in the rising international hub of Jeju, South Korea.
Branksome Hall Asia’s education is centered around students and focuses on student’s learning and growth. Providing students challenges and inspirations every day, the school aims to make students enjoy the learning process and learn to contribute in making the world a better place. The school's international faculty are commited to create an international learning and living journey that promises to support each student to discover within themselves a strong voice, discover their strengths and talents, to take risks, to step outside their comfort zone, and the power to live lives of curiosity, empowerment, and leadership through service to others. Branksome Hall’s education allows students to experience change through professional instruction, inquiry learning, diverse learning opportunities, and community empowerment.
Famous for its excellent curriculum, extracurricular activities, and solid counseling programs, Branksome Hall Asia is the perfect educational institution for girls' development and growth. BHA teaches students with passion and inspire them to grow up not only to be leaders of their community, but also to be leaders of the global world.
BHA offers a wide range of educational opportunities that satisfies the international baccalauré programs, from preschool to higher education. To foster step-by-step student growth, BHA has three specialized programs: PYP, MYP, DP.
- The PYP program is designed for students ages 3 to 11 and focuses on in-school and out-of-school activities to meet the intellectual needs of curious children. The curriculum focuses on solving curiosity about multiple subjects in order to help students understand themselves and realize how the knowledge they learn applies to the real world.
- The MYP program is designed for students aged between 11 and 16 years, and the curriculum is designed to enable students to develop critical thinking skills, reflective thinking skills through systematic learning in single subjects and comprehensive learning through multi-disciplinary subjects.
- The DP program is designed for students aged 16 to 19 and focuses on intensive training and final assessment to help stsudents meet the international standard, and prepare for a successful college and after-college-life.
The PYP, MYP and DP programs are an ongoing and comprehensive curriculum that BHA boasts. This curriculum is composed of curricula that are considered the best in the world and many colleges recognize it as the most advanced high school curriculum.
In many research studies, students who have completed the IB program have shown to have high rates of college entrance and scholarship rates. In addition, IB students earned higher marks than other students in international performance assessments. In the United States and Canada, IB program completion students in some cases are recognized for their academic achievement to be on par with one year of college education.
According to recent research, students who attended IB programs say their academic achievement in college education is significantly higher compared to other students.
In addition to the IB program-based curriculum, BHA offers the following high standards of education:
- Intensive training for deepening curriculum
- Continuous learning intentions through differentiated teaching methods
- Practical approach applicable to real life
- Complex teaching and learning through mutual exchange of subjects
- Strict judgment on academic achievement
- The best educational practice and evaluation system based on international standards
- Community service, development, and extracurricular activities focused on high-level creativity, action, and service
Branche Island Hole Asia annually announces "major recruitment" and major dates. At the end of the garden, successful applicants will be on the waiting list.
To begin admission in August, students must prepare for admission from December of the previous year. For admission to January, which is the start of the second semester, please prepare for admission from October of the previous year.
The application form and application fee are only valid for the academic year you are applying for. If you want to apply for the next academic year, you will need to reapply.
- 1. Writing an application
- 2. Required Documents Required
- 3. Payment of application fee
- 4. Receive application by post, email, visit
- 5. Admission interview and examination
- 6. Announcement of successful applicants
Keeping pace with the rapidly changing educational trend, Steven academy offers a variety of classes preparing not just for the high schools and universities in the United States and other parts of the world, but also for the domestic international schools and universities admissions. The classes are offered in various levels so that the students not only can prepare for the admission tests which include recognition evaluation, English in-depth interview, and essay, but also can keep up with the intensive classes for SAT, AP, IBT, and other school subjects.