George Mason University GMU Korea
George Mason University GMU Korea
Inspired by George Mason, one of the United States’ Founding Fathers, appeal for individuals and freedom, George Mason University recognizes that freedom and learning represent a complimentary relationship that allows men and women of all ages to pursue their educational dreams. It is the fundamental goal of George Mason University to prepare its students to be critical thinkers and active citizens who have the skills and knowledge-base to make a lasting contribution to society. As a global campus of George Mason, George Mason University Korea shares this vision. Located approximately 25 miles from Seoul and a 20-minute shuttle ride from Korea’s award-winning international airport, GMU Korea is part of a global university campus shared with other institutions of higher learning. The campus accommodates students from all corners of the world and includes world-class teaching facilities, a library with state-of-the art technology, a performing arts center, comfortable residence halls, faculty apartments, and guest housing.
- Tuition (one semester) - $10000
- Dormitory (one semester) - Single room 1.55 million KRW, Double room 1 million KRW
- Departments - Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, International Studies, Dispute Analysis and Resolution (Education expected to be added)
- GED application - Korean or USA GED available
- USA campus - 1 year in Fairfax, Virginia from junior year
- Required Documents - Online application form (including a letter of self-introduction), High school Grade (original, in English), TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.5 (TOEFL 69 or above, IELTS 6.0 conditional) SAT CR 500 or ACT English 20, Letter of recommendation optional, advised to submit
- Transfer - Immediate transfer to the main campus in Virginia, USA not available
- Conditional - Basic English score acquired through PPP program (one year)
Applicants to George Mason University Korea will be required to meet the same stringent admission standards as those that apply to the campuses in the United States. Prospective students are required to demonstrate strong academic potential and the ability to succeed in Mason’s challenging academic environment. The following materials must be submitted to apply for admission to GMU Korea:
GMU Korea online application form and application fee
- Official high school transcript that certify the student’s academic achievement in a curriculum with high academic standards. For non-English documents, you must submit a certified English translation.
English proficiency (see below for language requirements)
Official SAT or ACT score (choose score, see SAT / ACT information below)
- SAT / ACT Information: GMU Korean students may consider admission through George Mason University's innovative score-selective admission program. This program provides an opportunity for highly qualified applicants to consider admission without having to submit a/an SAT or ACT test score. Entry to GMU Korea is a competitive process and, evidenced by the robust performance of a challenging academic curriculum, all are considered advantages to the applicant. All test scores must be submitted directly to the admissions office of the testing institutions. The SAT / ACT test score is valid for 5 years from the test date.
- TOEFL Code: 5827
- SAT Code: 5827
- Payee code: 4357
Language requirements(All applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by meeting one of the following language requirements.)
- TOEFL iBT 80 or higher
- IELTS 6.5 or higher
- Those with a SAT reading score of 500 or higher or an ACT-English score of 20 or higher
Patriot Plus Program (PPP)
- GMU Korea offers an exciting one-year program specifically designed for students with academic qualifications that require additional English language support. Students must score 69 or higher on the TOEFL iBT or 6.0 or on the IELTS to pass the program. Students will receive extensive English language support during their first year of study while earning academic credits for Mason bachelor’s degree. Students who have successfully completed the Patriot Plus Program will be able to participate in the academic process without further testing.
Keeping pace with the rapidly changing educational trend, Steven academy offers a variety of classes preparing not just for the high schools and universities in the United States and other parts of the world, but also for the domestic international schools and universities admissions. The classes are offered in various levels so that the students not only can prepare for the admission tests which include recognition evaluation, English in-depth interview, and essay, but also can keep up with the intensive classes for SAT, AP, IBT, and other school subjects.